Monday, April 24, 2017

Pushing hard, getting stronger...

Out with 3 Rivers Velo Sport on Saturday
Not a bad day on Saturday!

We're heading to the end of April. The Great Allegheny Passage Ride is a little over three weeks away, and the Tour de Cure in Detroit is just 40 days away.

Indiana has a great deal of wind in the Spring, and this Spring is no exception, Rides have been windy! However, I am taking the wind in stride - knowing that these windy rides are building strength as I prepare for my ride schedule.

Last week, I posted that I joined 3 Rivers Velo Sport (3RVS) is the local bicycling club. On May 1, 3RVS begins the 2017 National Bike Challenge. In order to participate, I need to track my rides on Strava. Strava is an app that keeps track of mileage, but also notes when you pause so you get your actual ride time, The challenge I face with Strava is when I bike alone, I listen to music on earbuds. My phone simply does not have enough battery power to listen to music on Pandora AND keep track of the GPS functions of Stava. May have to look into an inexpensive MP3 player...

Anyhow, I had two rides on Saturday. One was 20 miles with 3RVS, the second was 40 miles on my own, Here are the links to my performance:

https://www.strava.com/activities/953374580

https://www.strava.com/activities/953626785


This is going to be a good week. Tuesday night will be a ride with 3RVS; on Saturday, I will need to split up my long ride into two segments due to work and service commitments with my Boy Scout Troop.

Finally, thanks for reading my blog. On June 3 - I am riding in the American Diabetes Association Detroit Tour De Cure Century Ride. I only need 60 more dollars to reach my fundraising goal. Please consider making a contribution, even if it's just a few dollars. Here's the link to my fundraising page:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px=13157476&pg=personal&fr_id=11730

Again, thanks for following me as I prepare for a great summer!

Shawn


No comments:

Post a Comment