Sunday, September 3, 2017

Happy September!



It's September. The days are getting shorter, the evenings cooler. And football season is upon us!

So why the "Welcome to Ohio" sign? As I prepare for Lorie's Lakeside Century on September 16, I've been going on some long rides to prepare. More often, I'm riding to towns in Ohio (Antwerp and Paulding) because it's logistically easier for me. There is a c-store around Mile 18 of the ride for the 1st break, and after I hit the half-way point, I know that c-store is waiting for me as I prep for the last 18 miles. In general, the roads heading to Antwerp and Paulding are better for biking as well. Finally, while it may sound silly, there's something about crossing a state line while on a bike. It's only 25 miles on the bike, so it's not a long distance, but it's a certain feeling that I can't describe as I cross the state line on a bike...but it's pretty cool!

Speaking of long rides, I biked 77+ miles on Saturday, and 61+ miles the week before. Tomorrow I'm riding with Three Rivers Velo Sport for the Labor Day Ride and plan to ride 50ish miles. I'm ready. I'm very excited for Lorie's Lakeside Century because I am riding with a friend, along with one of my former MBA students and her friends. Should be a great ride. Here's hoping for good weather in a couple of weeks.

In other news, for now, I'm slowly winning the "Battle of the Bulge."


I'm down 26.8 pounds for the year! My goal for the end of the year is to be at 200 pounds. I don't know if that will happen, because I had that bad stretch when I was injured due to my bike accident. I performed a regression analysis; and according to the analysis, I am projected to come in at 210 at the end of the year. The next few weeks for me are critical, because in the past, my weight loss tends to stall out around 220...I become discouraged...then I quit. I need to plow through this.

Finally, my thoughts, prayers, and donations are with the people of Houston. Both my wife and I have family there, and we are heartbroken at the devastation that Harvey brought. Thoughts and prayers are important, but please, give to a reputable charity and help.

Here's to my favorite month of the year...September!

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment