Saturday, February 11, 2017

Riding in February!






It's February - and we're getting some decent weather to ride! Today the temps were in the low 50's, so it was time to take the bike out of the back room and go for the first ride of the year.

I rode a little over 12 miles, from my house in a Fort Wayne neighborhood to Foster Park. My plan was to ride to Tillman Park, but the River Greenway was closed when you left Foster Park. I turned around, went through Foster Park again, and the River Greenway was closed at Jefferson Blvd, which is fairly common at this time of the year.

Overall, the River Greenway is in good shape. The boardwalks were wet and in some places, had fallen leaves on them, so I took it easy on those. I also took it pretty easy for the ride. I was traveling last week and the week prior I contracted stomach flu, so I haven't been riding as much on the exercise bike as I would like. That being said, I should be able to get back into a good routine this week at Planet Fitness, and plan to ride around 15 - 16 miles outside next Saturday (the long range forecast is calling for sunshine and 50 degrees!)

I'm starting to get more excited about riding the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) from Cumberland, MD to Pittsburgh in May. Hoping that time flies by. I'm very excited to ride with some friends that I've met on Facebook, along with a couple members of my family and some friends from Fort Wayne. It's going to be a great time. I know a couple of my friends are thinking about it, and I know they will enjoy the beauty of the GAP.

Hoping for a better exercise week this week...

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment