Sunday, July 23, 2017

The battle rages on...


30 weeks of data lends itself to good data analysis - or so the legend goes...(See: https://statswithcats.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/30-samples-standard-suggestion-or-superstition/)

My goal is to get to 200 pounds by the end of the year. According to the regression equation:

y = -0.6934x + 241
y = -0.6934(52) + 241
y= 205

I'm close. My injury and family reunion season (marked by the uptrend from weeks 23 - 29) definitely set me back. However, I'm not that far away that I still can't make my goal. 

Had a great week on the bike. Total mileage was 119, and rode 40 miles yesterday in hot and humid conditions in the middle of the day. Although I was a little stiff after the ride, I felt good this morning.

The coming week will be a different type of workout week. I'm going on a 46 mile canoe trip with my Boy Scout Troop - and my upper body will get a workout. I'll be gone Monday - Friday, and then seven weeks to Lorie's Lakeside Century. I think I have a great mileage base back and will be fine for the Century. 

I'm also starting to toy with the idea of purchasing a used road bike over the winter months for 2018. I ride a Trek 7.1 hybrid, and while it's a good bike to ride the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal Towpath (the reason why I purchased it), I'm seriously considering a road bike to improve speed in 2018. My brother purchased a road bike on eBay for his son and he loves it. I don't want to spring for a new road bike, but like the idea of a decent used one.

Thanks again for taking some time to read my blog. I appreciate it greatly!

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment